Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Three awesome and mouth-watery? ...businesses to look up to!

Hi again readers! :)




I hope I had gained some faithful and loyal ones! I know It's too early to hope but hey, dreaming is allowed right? 


Since my last week's post is kinda full of terms and formulas, I decided to let you guys take a breather in this second post of mine. Of course, I haven't forgotten my promise to make business math sweet. However, I won't make this as sweet as a cupcake like I did last time but... I do promise to make it as sweet as a donut this time. 


Wanna find out why? Then, read along. 


As I thought of what topic to discuss with you in this second post, I've scrambled along the idea of why don't I share some interesting, successful and emerging businesses? (Uh-Oh I know what you guys are thinking. This won't be boring! Just keep reading. You'll be mouth-watery as you scroll down the page. Plus, there'll be more pictures and less words later on.) Okay, back to what I was saying. These businesses won't last and won't be successful if it weren't for business math. The advertising, the service, the quality of the products, the branding, etc.-all of these-business math holds them together. 


So to motivate you to learn business math, and as being a food lover, I've gathered three interesting, successful and emerging restaurant businesses I know that could inspire the business math skills out of you! Scroll down to see! :)


1. J.CO Donuts & Coffee


If America has Dunkin Donuts, Asia has J.CO Donuts and Coffee. It started in Indonesia in 2005. It has already won four awards (1 for Best Donut, 2 for Marketing, 1 for breakthrough campaign). Within its 4 years of operation it has already opened more than 100 outlets all through out Asia! Would you believe?! 100 outlets in 4 years?! It has of course, also opened a branch here in the Philippines at SM Megamall and SM Mall of Asia. J.CO plans to open more branches here in the country soon! 


Photo from The Pickiest Eater
J.CO Photo from The Pickiest Eater
Like Starbucks, what I think made J.CO popular besides the branding, awesome marketing strategy, and the breakthrough campaign is the signature taste of the products and the ambiance that they offer customers. 


J.CO Photo from Quiet Girl
They serve a wide variety of beautifully crafted donuts.


J.CO Photo from Tales from the Tummy
J.CO Photo from Trip or Treats
Their donuts, as most of the food reviewers and bloggers say, aren't as sweet as Krispy Kreme's. Most of them agree that J.CO Donuts (and J.Pops: photo above) have just the right amount of sweetness!

J.CO Photo from Tales from the Tummy
Al Capone, their signature donut. The toppings consist of yummy white chocolate and California almonds.

Besides, the famous J.CO donuts, J.Pops and J.Coffee, J.CO also serves J.Club (savory sandwiches), J.Cool (yogurts), and other types of beverages. To learn more, visit their website at: www.jcodonuts.com 


2. Big Better Burgers

Big Better Burgers (BBB) is an American style fast-casual restaurant which started here in the Philippines. It started last 2008 and yet it already has more than 10 branches nationwide. Ha! Now, we have another burger restaurant option besides Burger King. This emerging burger chain isn't supposed to be taken lightly as it has been blogged over and over and has even gained positive reviews not just from Filipinos but from foreigners as well! 

Photo from Flair Candy
Their Araneta Center Cubao branch got nice resto interior.

They offer a bunch of gourmet burgers. I've got a few of them posted here. 
BBB Photo from FrannyWanny
BBB Photo from FrannyWanny
BBB Photo from FrannyWanny



BBB Photo from FrannyWanny
As for the side dishes, you get to choose between potato wedges or fries.

BBB Photo from katherinenell
If you don't feel like eating burger bun, but you still crave for that juicy beef patty, you could always opt for their burger rice meals. 

They've got more on their menu. They're too many to post so if you want to learn more about Big Better Burgers you can visit their facebook page at: www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Better-Burgers/34135258477

3. Crazy Katsu


I've kinda had the chance to interview one of the owners due to thesis requirements (by the way he's nice and very accommodating).  So from there, I found out that it hasn't been one year since Crazy Katsu started in the Philippines. However, due to positive reviews online, the Japanese restaurant has gotten quite popular. Now, it has already 2 branches; the first one in Maginhawa St. in QC and the second in Concepcion, Marikina City.  


Photo from HeaRty's Haven
Photo from HeaRty's Haven
Crazy Katsu's interior has a simplistic design. It's clean and it isn't too overwhelming to go inside.

Chicken Katsu Photo from  HeaRty's Haven   
 Their bestseller is the Chicken Katsu.

However, they offer other sumptuous , worth-trying dishes as well. You'll see some of them as you continue to scroll down the page.

Crazy Katsu Gyoza photo from HeaRty's Haven  
Crazy Katsu Sukiyaki photo from Akashic Records
Crazy Katsu Katsudon photo from i am dekaphobic
Crazy Katsu Tonkatsu photo from i am dekaphobic

To learn more about Crazy Katsu you can visit their website: www.crazykatsu.com/ or fb page at: www.facebook.com/crazykatsu


I hope I had inspired you a lot in this second post of mine! Inspired-not only to crave about food-but have the motivation to learn business math in order to put up great businesses like those. 


Again, this is Kat, believing that, "Business Math Can Be Sweet", ESPECIALLY IF you have something that motivates you to learn it. :)


All photos posted in this blog doesn't belong to me. Credits go to the owners. I posted the links of where I got the photos at the bottom of each of them. 


PS. I'm sorry I haven't given the answers to last week's math problems yet. Don't worry I'll give them as soon as I got my math homework paper back.


Checked by Prof. Crisencio Paner

34 comments:

  1. Another motivating blog about business ha... Good job!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you anne! I'm glad that I have motivated you! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your pic Kath! <3 Truly enjoyed this entry! Gosh! It's late at night and I'm 'bout to sleep but reading this made me hungry!!! BBB is at the top of my list now! My bf luuurves burgers ehh! :)) We'll sure check it out! Thanks so much for sharing! :D And yes, I bookmarked this entry! Love it!!! Thumbs up Kath! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww I'm so honored! Making this post made me hungry too! :)))

      Delete
  3. You make me crave kaaaaaaaaaaat! :l :))) got any plans of putting up your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to... but... I need time! and money! haha! :))

      Delete
  4. Okay I want a business now with all of the foods you have shown us. haha.. yeah truly you've inspired me in thinking of a business that would suit my hobbies, like an internet shop with a burger food ready for you.. haha..well it is one good blog that I've read today.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's truly an honor knowing that I've inspired you :)

      Delete
  5. Your post made me hungry. :9 well, I guess that means it was very effective. :) you've chose great (yummy) businesses to motivate others to go into business. Looking forward to your next posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Making this post made me hungry as well! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for blogging BIG BETTER BURGERS. I hope you don't mind if I RE-POST this at BBB FAN PAGE.

    THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR THE EXPOSURE.

    If you are craving for BIG BETTER BURGER again, please advise us ahead.

    ALL THE BEST!

    BBB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't mind. And if you did repost you would be doing me such great honor! :)

      However, I've got to say that the BBB photos I used in here actually came from other bloggers. The links to their blogs are posted just below each photo :)

      I would be really happy if you check out their blogs as well! :)

      And also, someday, I hope to make my own food blog/review of Big Better Burgers using my own photos! :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for including and crediting my picture.

    I suddenly craved for Crazy Katsu out of nowhere in this late hour lol. It's nice to know a fellow Thomasian being active in the blog world and one who's into sharing the common grounds between business math and food at that.

    I'll be including you in my blogroll. Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You're Thomasian too?! :O Honestly, I'm new at blogging. Our Business Math professor required us to have a blog. :))

      Thank you for your very flattering comment and for including me in your blogroll! :) THANK YOU REALLY! :D

      Delete
  8. Owww, a Thomasian! :) Thomasian here too (BSIE Batch 2010). Hope you'll keep on checking my blog. ;)

    Please join my Jamba Juice giveaway too!
    http://www.dekaphobe.com/2012/06/live-fruitfully-with-jamba-juices.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Haha! There are lots of Thomasians here :) Thank you for letting me use your photo "ate"! :D :D

      I'll join once I come back from UST haha! :)

      THANKS AGAIN! :)

      Delete
  9. thank you for crediting my photos. really appreciate it :)

    Fran
    www.frannywanny.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I would credit. They're yours! :)
      Thanks too for allowing me to use them :)

      Delete
  10. AWESOME~ make me want to do my math homework while eating in one of those places! i hope next time they giveaway tips about their strategies :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm craving when I'm looking at those pictures!! posting this will encourage people who wants to start a business!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! What an interesting way of presenting Business Math ... soooo yummy ... sooo sweet and full of exciting surprises!!!
    Nice job! Congrats, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hungry now! Thanks for your another sweet post! Nice one keep it up~!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not just sweet but a very delicious post of yours. A good way of emphasizing that motivation can also come from food and the business itself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This was a very colorful post! Very entertaining while reading. Good for pointing out that advertising also is part of business math. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man those images make me really hungry. I'm craving now. You better make up for it by treating me to lunch. :P I'm just kidding! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Those photos are really mouth-watery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Let me first tell the fact that you sure succeeded in customizing a very nice looking website. Also I would like to ask you one thing that I am interested of. Have you ever taken place in any kind of competitions between online blogs?

    ReplyDelete